Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How is the best way to repair a small drill hole on the roof of my motorhome (fibroglass)

JoJo167
Just Starting Out

How is the best way to repair a small drill hole on the roof of my motorhome (fibroglass)

I have a small hole on the top of my roof of my motorhome but big enough for a fair bit of water to come in and and damage the sealing. ▪︎the hole is no bigger than this. Sorry i can't get up there yet to take a photo. How is the best and easiest way to get around this & what white paint do I get.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How is the best way to repair a small drill hole on the roof of my motorhome (fibroglass)

Morning @JoJo167, and a warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Let me tag a couple of our avid caravan renovators in @Peggers and @twocutekelpies to see if they might like to kick off this discussion for you.

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. You've joined a friendly and helpful community. 😀

Thanks for joining in the discussion. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Peggers
Becoming a Leader

Re: How is the best way to repair a small drill hole on the roof of my motorhome (fibroglass)

@JoJo167 Depending on how big the hole is and how visible to people (I'm assuming it's hidden on the roof?), I tend to use No Gaps. I use Selleys, but there are other versions. Put the tube in a gun, squeeze a bit on your finger, and smooth a little over the hole. Or squeeze a little straight on to the hole and wipe with a wet finger. You can't really sand it, so keep a wet rag on hand to smooth it. Use two coats if you need to, both in small amounts. You can then paint over it if you want to. But if it's a white roof and hidden, then you don't need to.

You can use filler and sand afterwards as an alternative, but No Gaps is perfect for small holes.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects