Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you clean your windows?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you clean your windows?

Sponge.jpg

We have an empty block next to our house at the moment and it's blowing a lot of dust everywhere. This weekend it's time to clean the windows. It's never a fun job!

People have many different methods of cleaning windows, using various tools and cleaning products to achieve a spotless result.  

How do you clean your windows? Let us know by replying below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Re: How do you clean your windows?

With the best of intentions I recently got one of those new window vacuums to clean the windows but I haven't tried it yet. 

My previous regime has been two buckets and three cloths. Do most of the grunt work with the first cloth and bucket (which gets dirty quicky) then another once over with a clean one, then finally wipe off any excess moisture with a microfibre cloth to ensure a streak-free finish. I don't use any soap or detergent, and no squegees or newspaper. 

Darren
Making a Splash

Good old fashioned newspaper and windex - works every time!

Well it looks like I'm going to have to give newspaper a go when I clean my car this weekend.

I agree newspaper is the best way to go! Leaves no streaks! 

aly
Making a Splash

Although i've never tried this myself, I've often heard mixing water and distilled vinegar is a good way to wash glass! Might be worth a go!

- Goodluck!

This is the window cleaning recipe I use, it is streak-free and like the other contributors I am a newspaper advocate!

pursya
Growing in Experience

Taking this a step further, how do you clean your bistro blinds?
Much harder to do than glass so if anyone has a stress free solution, I'd love to hear it.

I would use vinegar and hot water on cafe blinds @pursya. Have you tried that?

pursya
Growing in Experience

I haven't so I'll give that a go next time.
When they have been rolled up for a while they get very grubby.
Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects