Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I use the Ryobi Multi functional tool for stripping old paint off outdoor window frames.

Sherylg
Finding My Feet

How do I use the Ryobi Multi functional tool for stripping old paint off outdoor window frames.

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: How do I use the Ryobi Multi functional tool for stripping old paint off outdoor window frames.

Sherylg you need to attach the triangular sanding head and then the sandpaper to the head to use it for sanding.

James 

Sherylg
Finding My Feet

Re: How do I use the Ryobi Multi functional tool for stripping old paint off outdoor window frames.

Thanks James. The multi tool was given to me and it did not come with the attachments. Is it possible to purchase replacement attachments?

I have already search the Bunnings website for Ryobi replacement attachments but my search came up with zero suggestions.

Diy1
Just Starting Out

I seen that you can use a paint stripper called citristrip from Bunnings . Hope you find a solution :smile: xx

JDE
Becoming a Leader

You would be looking for something like a Diablo 93mm multi function tool sanding pad. Available at Bunnings. It should fit but Just get them to check. You will need the sandpaper to match. James 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @Sherylg. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

I see you have already received a helpful reply from @JDE which is fantastic. If you would like to know the parts needed to set the machine up for sanding, they are as follows:

Sanding pad PN# 303590003, arbour PN# 692496002, screw PN# 661379002, o ring PN# 560324002 and the sleeve PN# 692512002.

These are all the parts needed to attach the sanding pad if you were given nothing but the tool. If you have all the attaching parts as JDE mentioned the Diablo sanding pad might fit. All these parts are available to order from Ryobi through your local store's Special Orders counter or via phone.

If you would like further information or had questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much.

I will go into my local Bunnings Special Order, show them your reply and ask if they can help.

I only have the tool. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects