Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ground level gutter cleaning safety

stevo1
Getting Established

Ground level gutter cleaning safety

I love my new Ozito xchange 18v blower with my pvc extension to clean all my house gutters without leaving the safety of Mother Earth. Me at 60,  my wife is very happy that I went to Bunnings to spend money. Go with the safety theme, it is a winner! Also my new Gorilla ladder with leg leveler and outrigger stabilizers, fold out steps and stand off bracket, better than the one on the tv shopping network, cost me just under $600 using all my 60th birthday Bunning’s gift cards. I need to be able to maintain my home safely, this is a great device.

I have pretty much built up the complete range of this Ozito 18v system, the extendable arm chain saw and interchangeable hedge clipper, again keeps me at ground level  for all my high pruning and trimming. 5 yr warranty this product is great value

2ED6B405-5E72-4075-AD44-A17AA1E3FD72.jpeg

0F302D61-D74C-4F80-ABBE-CA9F68A71DB2.jpeg

79FB3FD4-7284-40EA-B953-FD2AD2ACF305.jpeg

16A7356F-9884-4DC6-BD7A-51D91D49EB0A.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ground level gutter cleaning safety

Love this @stevo1, well done. Safety should always be a priority.

We are rapt to have you in the community as you obviously have a lot of knowledge and experience to share, not to mention creativity!

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
multiv
Just Starting Out

That is the best adaptation for a blower. Can you give the details of whats needed.  Did you need to screw the extension im at all?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @multiv,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @stevo1 so he is alerted to your question. 

Welcome to the community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
stevo1
Getting Established

@multiv 

Most blowers come with the screw  on "Bayonet" concentrator. You would need to take yours with you to Bunnings to get the right size PVC water pipe to fit the inside or outside diameter and a 90 degree elbow to suit, some gaffer tape from near the painting section to secure. If you can Fit it inside you can overlap the nozzle to give it more strength. The gaffer tape will cover up any gap at the join to be air tight. 

My Ozito 18 v or similar is better than my petrol Ryobi, 1 the noise, 2 the angle and weight and 3, not getting burnt on the exhaust outlet.

Krusty
Cultivating a Following

Great job stevo1 but I need to scoop gutters first to much gunk I will use yours for maintenance,cheers Krusty.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects