Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Floating planter box

ProjectPete
Valued Contributor

Floating planter box

So I got a little handy over the weekend after a request from my creative #wifey to make a floating planter box for some indoor plants. We're really happy with the result - what do you think?

Needless to say, I've already been tasked with making more wallplanter.jpg

Darren
Experienced Contributor

Re: Floating planter box

It looks great @ProjectPete! How did you attach it to the wall?

ProjectPete
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Darren. Attached to wall with a couple of sleeve anchors. The hex nut option makes it a bit easier to fasten over a phillips head.

I didn't write the dimensional specs down as I made them to fit the space, but these are the bit of wood I got from Bunnings.

Front, back, sides

Bottom - I joined this side by side to achieve 84mm width.

Everything is biscuit joined, then lined with black plastic and fixed to wall with the sleeve anchors.

Kermit
Valued Contributor

Looks fantastic. Well done.

Wayne
Super Contributor

Very nice, I like the tapered sides.
Wood Working with Wayne
Highlighted
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

This has been a very popular project with Workshop members and visitors @ProjectPete. We've shared it on Instagram today so even more people can get inspired by your handiwork. Did you end up making others?

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
ProjectPete
Valued Contributor

I saw you did that - thanks @Jason!

Here's an updated pic with more plant action and the restored dresser below - feel free to use at your leisure.Screenshot_20180821-152844_Instagram.jpg

I made a couple as gifts and had some people buy some too so got a bit busy with them. Planning to make more soon as I'm broadening my offering through my business.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects