Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fish pond and waterfall

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Fish pond and waterfall

Deb and I really like our animals so we decided to put in a fish pond.  Of course we couldn't just do a simple pond.....IMG_5509.jpg

The theory behind the position is because we wanted to bring the garden into the patio and vice versa.  The bricks were surplus to the original house build and I wanted to hide the little garden shed.  The rocks were recycled from friends.  Glad I was wearing appropriate safety boots during the build.

IMG_5543.jpg

The pond has a full biological filter system installed and is topped up with the garden bore.  I later moved the main filter canister into the garden shed for easier cleaning.

DSCN0554.jpg

Some weedmat and rainbow stone and it must be 'beer oclock'.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Fish pond and waterfall

@darylhewston

G'day Dazzle

You're my kinda bloke, beer clock, summer safeties, & you recycle stuff, you're a champion. : )

I like that you set up a gazebo for them, the cyclone fence extension so they won't end up in the neighbour's house, but 2 cordless tools instead of gnomes (pic #3) earns you a minus point. ; )

Keep up the good work Daz

@Andy_Mann

Sorry Andy, but we aren't gnome people.  Doesn't mean we don't like them but they can stay down in Gnomesville.  The reason behind the fence extension is that the previous owners had a dog the size of a horse and after jumping the fence and being picked up by the rangers 3 times at $500 a pop decided it would be cheaper to extend the fence.  We just decided to leave it up.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@darylhewston

Daz mate

Good thinking leaving the fence extension there, just in case the horse gets homesick.

Now that gnome thing, I'm sure we can work that out over a few beers. If not, I'm willing to keep drinking your beer until you've convinced me. : )

@Andy_Mann

How many have you got??  Gnomesville WA

gnomesville clearing.jpg

gnomesville beers.jpg

Come and get em......

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@darylhewston

Daz mate, nice try, but that's not our place.

The XXXX tinnies were a deadset give away. : P

I should also mention that my super rare, signed Gnomie Campbell Limited Edition wasn't to be seen in your pic.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects