Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fire pit

cadsman
Having an Impact

Fire pit

Grand Rugrats love toasting stuff at their own height.IMG_20170625_153344.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fire pit

Looks fantastic @cadsman. I'm sure it's getting a workout at the moment. 

Do you have any tips that you could share for Workshop members who would like to build something similar?

Many thanks for sharing your project with us,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cadsman
Having an Impact

Sorry, still working out how to do things here. Have got drawings of the pit if you can email me with your address if that's allowed on this forum. If not, give me a bit of time to work out how to post things of use here.  Cheers IanK.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic, many thanks for the offer Ian (@cadsman). I'm sure Workshop members would love to see your drawings. If you have a scanner, you could scan them and then insert them into a post here on the site using the Photos button. Or you could just take a snap of the drawings using your mobile phone's camera and then insert them into the post. We have a help section if you ever need to get to grips with the site, but it should be fairly self-explanatory. And feel free to let me know if you ever need a hand or send them to workshop@workshop.com.au and I can assist. 

Jason

salbra69
Growing in Experience

Ooh I’m about to build one of these - I’m using some blocks and a little ‘how to” tutorial I found online...Teardrop Fire-Pit they’ve called this type of non cemented tapered look. I hope mine looks and functions as well as yours Ian!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to seeing your version @salbra69. Please share it when you are finished. 

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We're really pleased to have you as one of our latest community members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something new to share. And don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Sunrise
Cultivating a Following

Oh wow that’s awesome 👏🏻 

Sunrise
Cultivating a Following

daybreak1953@live.com.au

would like the plans on how to build your  fire pit TIA

Dawn

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Sunrise.

Let me notify @cadsman to see if they can provide some information.

It appears they might be using Ezi wall retaining blocks as these blocks are tapered making them suitable for curved walls. You could quite easily stack them to get a similar effect to what is pictured here.

If you require further information about this product, please let me know.

Mitchell

kjbuckett
Just Starting Out

Love this, do you have any hints or plans?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects