Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence makeover for the pool area

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Fence makeover for the pool area

Unsurprisingly, I'm not a fan of colourbond fencing, and particularly not the cream colour the estate decided to go with.

Again unsurprisingly, given my love for timber, I thought "Why don't we just cover it in wood?!?". So off I went to my friend's timber mill (a 7hr round trip) to pick up 800kg of freshly cut Marri wood. (I've painted the remainder of the fence shale grey which I'm much happier with)

I framed it with treated pine and staggered the rough sawn Marri across the lot for a rustic and 'cosy' effect.

Took an average of 4mins to file the rough edges and oil each piece of wood and there are over 100 pieces in the project. Add to that the time to frame and fix the pieces to the frame (particularly hard with slightly mishapen wood (rustic)) and deal with the Perth heat lately, it was a BIG project - but we're stoked with the end product.

BEFORE
pool.jpg

DURING
poolfence1.jpg

AFTER (excuse the pool cover and noodles)

ffence4.jpgfence.jpgfence1.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fence makeover for the pool area

It looks brilliant @ProjectPete, well done. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@Andy_Mann
----------
Handy and helpful

Looks fancy! Nice man!

Impressive!
Avantgardeglass
Finding My Feet

Amazing work mate, definitely one of the nicer pools I have seen, and I install pool fences for a living

Signature: DIY enthusiast and owner of Avant-Garde Glass. Happy to help with all diy glass projects

Thanks @Avantgardeglass!

Working on my new one at the moment. Got the shell in, surroudning concrete and the glass fence. Next to finish the inside of it, decking, feature fence, etc. 

----------
Handy and helpful

Absolutely awesome....well done!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @tgunning. I'm sure Pete really appreciates the positive feedback. This has certainly been a very popular project with the Workshop community. 

We are looking forward to reading about your own projects and plans soon. Feel free to post whenever you have something to share or need a hand. We have loads of members sharing helpful advice and wonderfully inspiring projects every day. It's great to have you join us. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @tgunning 

I'm actually finalising design for my new pool area so will share that once done.

Will be very different to the previous one.

----------
Handy and helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects