Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

External Entry

Pains-ville
Just Starting Out

External Entry

We've moved into a 1980s house with a front carport which consists of a brick wall across the front of half the house, unfortunately the front door is in the carport (1/2 way) so it doesn't look very inviting.   I have wondered how I can go about making it look better.   Keep in mind we are OA pensioners with little energy and little money to spend.

I've put potted plants out, a concrete seat, thought about painting a pathway on the entrance side of the carport, although I wonder who is going to do that.  I keep looking around for similar carports to get ideas but with no luck so far.  Any simple inexpensive ideas would be appreciated.  If I knew how to post a picture here I would so you can get a better idea.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: External Entry

@Pains-ville,

Welcome to Workshop. You've come to the right place. I'm sure our community members will be more than happy to provide some advice on this project and any others you might have planned.

You certainly can add photos to your posts, and in this case I would encourage you to add at least one to give members a much better idea of what you're working with. You just click on the Insert image button at the top of the text editor. It looks a little like a painting. I'll attach a screenshot below so you can see what I'm referring to.

Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

Insert Image.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: External Entry

@Pains-ville

I would be happy to help with some inexpensive ideas to soften the entrance. If you could upload a photo or two it will help a lot.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects