Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

The Easter long weekend is fast approaching and I even managed to get the Thurs and Tues off so it's 6 days of freedom for me :smile:

What have you got planned?

While I'm hosting a family feast, an easter egg hunt for my kids and a pool party with mates - I'm making the most of the free time to knock off a few projects.

1 - Ripping out the carpet in my Master and replacing with engineered floorboards.

2 - Replacing/installing wooden benchtop in laundry so it runs from wall to wall (approx 3m) rather than just a standalone unit. A new sink and mixer will also go in and I'll redo the splashback with subway tiles.

3 - Repaint the front of my house with a couple of greys and a feature door.

I'll do a post for each of the projects - looking forward to it!

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

Things planned includ getting under the house to finish off installing the underfloor insulation and then getting the hallway painted after repairing (for the second time) a part of the ceiling where the roof had been leaking.

Now while they are planned there is no guarantee if any of them will be completed :smile:

I hope to get the rest of the materials I need this week and then on Easter weekend, I plan to make a small walk in green house.

Keen to see if I can grow stuff over winter and keep other things alive.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice one @MrFreeze. My wife is currently asking for underfloor insulation now that the weather is turning cooler. Let me know how you go with it.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Easter is round the corner again!

What plans does everyone have for the long weekend? Anyone working on any home improvements projects? 

If you're after some inspiration, our Top Ideas section is full of wonderful projects.

You can also check out these Ten easy D.I.Y. jobs to do over a long weekend. And if you want to delve into a satisfying deep clean (like me), here are 10 important cleaning jobs you can tackle in a weekend

Look forward to hearing everyone's plans. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects