Workshop
Ask a question

New Ekodeck decking project

Trying
Making a Splash

New Ekodeck decking project

TryingDeck.JPG

Hi people,

I'm about to build a new deck approx. 5 mts x 2.5 mts attached to my "she-shed".

I'm loving the idea of low maintenance 10 yr warranty product called 'ekodeck'.

I used to be a diehard timber girl but I'm asking if anyone has used this product as I'd like to get some feedback before I choose materials.

With thanks.

Trying
Making a Splash

Deck me please update

Hi all, apologies for this late update but my phone was lost for a time. Pics are of my composite deck after over 12 months of happy hours and hours and hours.....Enjoy!IMG_20180402_134819_1.jpgIMG_20180401_164510.jpgIMG_20180401_164407.jpgIMG_20180401_164444.jpgIMG_20171222_143102.jpg

Re: The update on "Deck Me Please"

Sorry for the delay in answering your request Jason. But better late than never. I posted pictures on Monday but forgot to tell you. My apologies. Cheers, Marlane

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The update on "Deck Me Please"

Many thanks for sharing the photos Marlane (@Trying).

I'm sure Workshop members considering using composite decking boards appreciate the opportunity to see how they look over 12 months later. Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to seeing your next project!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Re : Deck me please

I know this is really off topic but your mention of speed humps has emboldened me to write.  I HATE SPEED HUMPS.  I agree with you entirely, they penalise those who aren't the problem and do nothing, in effect, to stop those who are.

Perhaps workship members could put their heads together (metaphorically, of course) and devise a Do It Yourself Road Hump Destroyer - something that could be just sprayed on dissolve them away in a matter of minutes would be ideal.

Before I go - thank you to all who have shared info about decks.  That is why I really came here today.

Re: Re : Deck me please

Let us know if you need a hand with your deck project @nonsibicunctis. I'm sure there would be plenty of members happy to help.

I trust you have also discovered that you can browse all posts in our decking and paving category - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/topics-by-label/label-name/decking%20and%20paving

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Suesnews
Getting Established

Re: New Ekodeck decking project

looks marvellous - and you don't have to worry about doing an Orang Utan out of a home :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects