Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY timber gate

Matto
Just Starting Out

DIY timber gate

Who can I speak to at Bunnings Rydalmere about the best timber to use to build an external timber gate? Do they have tongue and groove timber that would be suitable?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY timber gate

Hi @Matto,

Welcome to Workshop. 

You can find contact details for the Bunnings Rydalmere store here - https://www.bunnings.com.au/stores/nsw/rydalmere 

I'm sure if you ask for the timber department you will find a team member that can assist you.

Alternatively, I am confident there are Workshop members here in this community that will be happy to assist. You might just want to tell us a little more about the design you are planning. We have lots of experienced and knowledgeable members in the community who are happy to help as much as they can.

Thanks for joining us, and we look forward to reading more about this project and many others to come in the future.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: DIY timber gate

As far as I am aware, and I am not being facetious here, Bunnings seem to have put a ban on tongue and groove anything,the one exception might be that chip board flooring sheet I suppose. Tongue and groove timber is one of those products that used to be ubiquitous but has become as scarce as hens teeth unless you go to a flooring company and pay top dollar,

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects