Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Outdoor Fireplace install - chimney/flue

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

DIY Outdoor Fireplace install - chimney/flue

I'm installing an outdoor fireplace in my alfresco area and need to run the chimney flue through the roofspace above. There's about 1.6m of roof space.

I understand it should have a triple sleeve set up however I'm wondering if anyone has any experience installing one themselves and if you think it's really necessary. Given there's no insulation in that area of the roof space (ie. nothing flammable) I don't see the need for triple sleeve.

Main concern is, the price to do it triple sleeve is about $800 while single sleeve is about $150-200. If I was concerned about safety/flammable I wouldn't question the price, but I think it's overkill in this situation.

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: DIY Outdoor Fireplace install - chimney/flue

No worries, thanks for the update Pete. 

Do you think you'll use the fireplace all year round or just in winter?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: DIY Outdoor Fireplace install - chimney/flue

I'm a fire lover @Jason so literally use it year round, except 40 deg days but use it as often as possible. I've got 2 portable fire places so they move from alfresco-ish area to pool area and back. But looking to have some fixed fireplaces too.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects