Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. water fountain for struggling wildlife

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. water fountain for struggling wildlife

Simple PVC water fountain strapped to a star picket and placed under a tree and amongst some bushes for shelter. Great idea to help struggling wildlife searching for water during the drought and bushfires by aridrecovery.org.au

AridRecovery.jpg

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: D.I.Y. water fountain for struggling wildlife

Is there plans anywhere?

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@MartyH In the process of building these at work ATM. We came across a slightly simpler design which you only need a glue on cap and two 90mm 90 degree corners. Total retail price per unit around $11.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Be great if you could share the plans @MitchellM for those that might like to make their own. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Jason  Here's a quick picture of what I was suggesting.

Parts List-

• 1x 90mm 90 Degree F-F Elbow                  I/N 4770310 $1.14 EA
  • 1x 90mm 90 Degree M-F Elbow                 I/N 4750159 $2.74 EA
  • 1x 90mm Push-on Cap                               I/N 4750196 $2.74 EA
  • 1x 90mm PVC Stormwater pipe x 3Meters I/N 4750159 $10.99 EA
  • 1x PVC Solvent Cement                             I/N 4750114 $4.20 EAWater Dispenser1.png

Apparently there has been some concern that wombats find it hard drinking from the small opening on the original post, this cheaper unit fixs that issue. Same as above, simply drive a post in the ground and strap the unit to it.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects