Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

Highlighted
Tara86
Experienced Contributor

D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

With winter behind us and the lighter nights starting next week, it’s the perfect excuse to get my kids outside and enjoying the fresh air. I am always having to find new ways to entertain them. My 2 youngest are energiser bunnies who don’t stop till they crash in bed. They are also very competitive. We have table tennis but it’s to big for them and they are always asking to play on it. So I built a smaller, portable version that sits perfectly on their outdoor setting.

Using 2 MDF panels (1200 x 900 x 16mm), attached using hinges and added handles I can easily set up or store away. Being MDF we have to be careful with moisture but it has survived with light rain. I used Primer for protection and it helps as a base coat. I used painters tape to cover the lines. Then using Green chalkboard paint I painted the 2 large surfaces. Peeling the tape off while wet helps prevent colour running or peeling up the surface. 

Everything was bought at Bunnings except the table tennis set. The kids absolutely love it and even adults can join in for some fun family competition!

E3CB72BA-38D9-4C37-9CA8-40F24A058673.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: DIY - Kids Table Tennis

Love it @Tara86. I'm sure your kids do too!

Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
MartyH
Valued Contributor

Re: D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

🏓 👍

Great job @Tara86

Highlighted
Old-gal24
Super Contributor

Re: D.I.Y. kids table tennis table

@Tara86   This looks awesome.  Your children are indeed lucky to have a mom that is super handy such as yourself.  This looks great. And easy to adjust as they get older.  Great work super mum...   :smile:

Old Gal

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects