Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

20190224_161556.jpg

We just built an amazing decked alfresco area and the boring brick wall was screaming "help me".

I have a creative spark and thought it could be a fun couple DIY project to do with my Fiancee.

We had a old temp fence sitting in the backyard, along with some Un-REAL artificial tiles and a packet of cable ties. This is all we needed to create the masterpiece!

1. Cut the temp fence or mesh into your desired size. We went for a 1.5m x 1.5m round circle.

2. Lay out the UN-REAL screening ontop making sure the whole area is coverered. This particular mesh panels click together, this is shown in one of the photos. 

3. Flip the temp fence or mesh over and using cable ties attach it to the mesh panel

4. Flip it back over and cut the screening to suit the shape

5. Hang in your desired area

20190224_115051.jpgOur plain, boring brick wall. BEFOREOur plain, boring brick wall. BEFOREAttaching to the meshAttaching to the mesh

Re: D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

Thanks very much @Old-gal24 

Renz
Finding My Feet

Hi there. How do these artificial green walls fair in terms of greenery falling off, exposing the mesh? And on an outdoor wall? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Renz. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @Nikkaz so they can offer you their experience.

Are you planning on creating your own green wall? We'd love to follow along with your project and hear all the details. Please let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our wonderful members are contributing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nikkaz
Making a Splash

Thanks @MitchellMc  for the tag! 
@Renz to be totally honest, none have fallen off. All the individual pieces of greenery are secured quite well, they clip in, and as this is out of the weather under our alfresco area its looks the same as the day we installed it. 

NovicePro
Just Starting Out

Looks fabulous!! I’ll definitely be making one of these.. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NovicePro. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and great to see you've taken inspiration from this fantastic project.

I'm sure @Nikkaz will be keen to answer any questions you might have or assist if you get stuck.

For another option, you might also like to check out this step-by-step guide: How to build a plant wall feature.

I trust any images you can provide of your plant wall will help to inspire other members who might like to give this a go as well.

Please let us know if we can help you out with this project, as we'd be more than happy to provide guidance along the way.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects