Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Creating a new look on my mothers bare fence

Audrey
Just Starting Out

Creating a new look on my mothers bare fence

01637201-062F-49CA-93FE-0EE2075D7E51.jpeg

Audrey
Just Starting Out

Re: creating a new look on my mothers bare fence

Anyone have any ideas? Please
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Creating a new look on my mothers bare fence

Welcome to Workshop @Audrey. We're pleased you could join us. We have many members sharing fantastic advice and project inspiration every day, so there's bound to be plenty of assistance coming your way for this makeover. 

Did you have anything in mind? Painting the fence? A vertical garden perhaps? A great place to start for inspiration would be our Top 10 most popular fence projects.

If you see anything that inspires you, certainly let us know and our community members will be more than happy to provide some pointers for next steps.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

The good news to start with is having a timber fence/frame to work with makes it all much easier @Audrey 

You could finish it with decking (timber or composite) or even some shiplap weatherboard. You can also fix sheets of blueboard (hiding the joins with PVC joiners) and finish it with a textured/render-look paint. There are quite a few options really - depend son the look you're going for.

Importantly, consider how you'll block the top and/or create sufficient drainage so rain doesn't get in and flood/fill the space between the fence and whatever you fix to it.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

I suggest a vertical fence hanging herb garden!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects