Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cracks in weathered fence

vica
Having an Impact

Cracks in weathered fence

Good day ! My fence is weathered. I am considering to fill cracks and then Sand ,at last paint. Can I use wood hardener first and fill? By the way ,the fence is white now , can I directly paint with Walpamur 4L Jarrah Fence Finish?

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cracks in weathered fence

Hi @vica,

The Earl's wood hardener is a versatile product that can be filled over, sanded and painted after it has hardened the timber. This product can be used on a fence that has rotted and I have added a video below of the process. You can certainly paint your white fence with Walpamur 4L Jarrah Fence Finish, I would get enough to do two coats to cover the white as from memory I believe that paint is fairly translucent.

Please let me know if you have any additional question or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc . Thank you so much You are so kind! I have painted Earl’s wood hardener in fence .It looks work . Some deepest corners can’t be painted . Maybe I need a special small brush ? 
Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@vica,

I'm glad to hear the Earl's wood hardener was effective on the fence.

A small paintbrush will certainly assist you in getting those hard to reach places. If you can take a picture of the areas you are finding hard to paint I might be able to recommend a specific product for you.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc It is so appreciated of you  ! Like this wood . It needs wood hardener . But it is near the corner of two walls.my brush can’t touch its inside .  Vica

image.jpg

03DED494-C468-41DC-8656-563782C692CB.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@vica,

The perfect brush is a Monarch Bevel Paint Brush which has an angled handle on it to reach behind your posts easily. If you have a look at Monarch 12mm ABC Synthetic Bevel Liner Paint Brush you see a video which shows the features of this brush.

You could also use a small roller like the Uni-pro 100mm You Can Do It Gloss And Low Sheen Mini Roller Kit.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects