Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cracked Pebble Crete pool coping

liverpoolroad
Just Starting Out

Cracked Pebble Crete pool coping

we have a marble sheen pool with pebble Crete coping that is quite badly cracked and we are looking for ideas to freshen it up and contain the deterioration until we have the budget to renovate fully

has anyone used this product Megatreat before and had results? 

Are there any other products out there on the market that anyone can recommend? 

Thanks for your help 

89E316D9-8498-45ED-826B-5E0747C558C1.png

9186F89D-0B87-4A82-B6D6-2F5172276942.jpeg

62D01371-8DE3-4567-AA2C-2724F010829C.jpeg

BB995847-4C43-4FD8-AAB7-4E2ED639B10D.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cracked Pebble Crete pool coping

Hi @liverpoolroad,

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and trust you will receive loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything or have a new project to share. Please also let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site. 

I'll now hand over to members for their suggestions regarding your pool renovation project, but you might like to check out this previous discussion about a pool renovation by @dallasclark ...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

@liverpoolroad 

I note that on this page - https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/brands/m/megatreat it says "Megatreat can be applied to a clean, stable surface..."

I suspect you might be better saving for the full renovation. Maybe do something like @Adam_W here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Timber-free-deck/m-p/14767 

@liverpoolroad , I'm inclined to agree with @MartyH 
Most of these products need a stable substrate. In your case it looks a wee bit too far gone & any painted areas will just lift off.
I'd be inclined to remove the loose material & then hold-out until you can do a proper reno.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects