Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Closing in an Alfresco

GerryJ
Just Starting Out

Closing in an Alfresco

I would like to close in an alfresco area at the rear of my house. Make it into an all weather sunroom. The floor is paving, open on two sides. Would like to put in windows and a door leading into back yard. Do not want to use bricks. Preferably wood framework with colour bond on outer side.

Any pointers/suggestions welcome. Thanks 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Closing in an Alfresco

@GerryJ Welcome to the Workshop Community! I'm sure our members will have plenty of advice and suggestions for you.

A picture can tell a thousand words, would you mind taking a few for us of the area, it will allow members to visualise what we are dealing with.

Are you wishing to undertake this as a DIY project, if so what sort of skillset do you have?

Is the a budget you are trying to adhere to?

Thanks for your post, look forward to seeing your project come to fruition.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Closing in an Alfresco

Hi @GerryJ,

Welcome to Workshop. You've joined an amazing community of generous and knowledgeable folk sharing home improvement ideas and inspiration every day. 

This sounds like a terrific project. As the ever-helpful Mitch has said, it would be great to see some photos of your area to see what you are working with. 

You might also be interested in this project recently shared by @jsabz - Closing my alfresco area.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects