Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chicken laying box

jennyweston
Getting Established

Chicken laying box

I had an old pantry cupboard that had the back coming off after I moved to the hills. I removed the rear and cut out the side of each shelf for the chooks to enter into the laying box of their choice  I laid the cupboard on mesh propped up on bricks and covered the mesh with hay. The door door becomes the lid, which can be raised to collect the eggs without having to bend down. It seemed to be a good way to recycle the broken pantry cupboard and give my chooks a little more choice.20160403_073228.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Chicken laying box

Great idea @jennyweston, many thanks for sharing this creative project. We look forward to seeing more of your handiwork soon.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and encourage you to post whenever you need a hand or have something new to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects