Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use MaxPro pebble resurfacer on bare ground?

ScottM22
Just Starting Out

Can I use MaxPro pebble resurfacer on bare ground?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to refresh an outdoor area (maybe about 10 square metres) and have been thinking about covering it in this stuff - https://www.bunnings.com.au/maxpro-10kg-black-white-pebble-resurfacer_p0097690

The ground is currently covered by ugly Ikea plastic floor decking, I think on the bare soil - weeds are coming through all over the place. I want to pull these up and replace with an alternative surface.

The Maxpro product seems ideal and is advertised that it can be used on bare soil, but in the example given it's only used as a weed barrier around a tree - so I'm not sure if it will be suitable to cover a large area that will be walked on, have garden furniture etc.

Anyone know if that will work, or if it really needs to be laid on a concrete surface instead?  Or any better ideas?

Thanks!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can I use MaxPro pebble resurfacer on bare ground?

Welcome to Workshop @ScottM22. It's great to have you join us and I trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing members. 

Can I please suggest you take some photos of the outdoor area you are wanting to transform? It would help members a great deal to see what you are working with and provide more specific advice and suggestions. 

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading photos or ever getting the most from the site. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects