Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Building some new steps

Wombat1954
Finding My Feet

Building some new steps

20180421_152301.jpgHas anyone seen plans for steps with a small decking to suit entry to an above ground Spa? I am no carpenter, but with a few beers and a mates weekend I think it could be done. I just don't know how to begin.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Spa steps

@Wombat1957
You will need to draw and dimension the deck & steps
Try Sketchup 3D & Hot tub Steps

hth

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Hi Wombat I found this book in Bunnings some time ago. Don't know if they still have it Decks & Pergolas Construction Munal, It covers how to with decking and how to construction of steps. I have used it a few times, a great little book. The ISBN 187521710 X

If not login to Pinterst call up decks and steps where I found this set of steps:

a quick search I found for $22a quick search I found for $22

Use any of the Australian hardwood spotted gun etcUse any of the Australian hardwood spotted gun etc

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Wombat1954,

Looks like a great little project. Glad to see you have already received a couple of helpful replies to get you started. Let us know how you go with it.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. I trust you will receive lots of useful advice, information and inspiration from our community members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I found sketchup to be a bit daunting. I tried to find a simple CAD drawing programme that you can enter dimensions for the pieces ot timber to be used, and produce a scaled drawing. I don't have any tech drawing tools to produce my own.

Maybe a visit to the local Man Shed might provide me with something.

A search of the online local library as shown it to be in stock. I will duck down after Breckie.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects