Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bricks lifting on patio from tree roots

Ogrady
Just Starting Out

Bricks lifting on patio from tree roots

Individual bricks lifting through tree-root activity. This is dangerous for us old pharts, as is a raised deck ( needs steps to trip on).

We would welcome suggestions for fix.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: brick patio

Welcome to Workshop @Ogrady and thanks for joining in the discussion. We have lots of helpful and experienced members so I'm sure that they can assist with this problem as well as providing informaiton and inspiration for many other home improvement projects in the future. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Bricks lifting on patio from tree roots

I don’t think there’s any easy answer to tree root problems. I would think you would have to remove the tree and lift up and relay the pavers after the tree and it’s roots have been removed. Unless you are very fit and capable I would recommend getting an arborist or two in to quote for the tree removal job. Do you know what kind of tree it is and how big it is? Members here could give you an idea on price.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bricks lifting on patio from tree roots

Hi @Ogrady,

Just wondering if you have made any progress with this problem or need further assistance?

One suggestion is to upload a photo or two so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific advice.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects