Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Brick wall (fencing) to main road but set back..

carmenedavies64
Finding My Feet

Brick wall (fencing) to main road but set back..

How do I extend a brick wall/fence cheap..extra security settings wanted to stop people from jumping over the wall/fence. 

Plants ? Bricks or lattice ?  Any handy DIY tips much appreciated

Thank you 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Brick wall (fencing) to main road but set back..

Welcome to the Workshop community @carmenedavies64. Thanks for your fence extension question I'd be happy to start the discussion.

If you would like a cheap option I can suggest using Ramset 10 x 75mm Dynabolts to fix lengths of Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 70 x 45mm vertically at your required extension height every 1.2 meters along the brick wall. You can then use Whites Wire Trellis Fixing Set's to run horizontal wire lengths to prevent access. This will also allow you to grow a climbing plant over the trellis making it appear less impactful.

Alternatively, we have a great range of fence extension products available for you to select from.

Please remember to check with your local regulatory authority before installing any fence extensions. Rules may depend on colour, height or where it may be installed on the block.

If you would like further information on our range of fence extension or have other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Brick wall (fencing) to main road but set back..

Great advice Mitchell thank you and yes will check if it can extended before I spent money. 

😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects