Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Blow Mould Table Hail Damage Repair

dingodudette
Cultivating a Following

Blow Mould Table Hail Damage Repair

Hi again all.

I am in another quandry whereby my blow mould table has been damaged by hail and has various holes in it.

I would like to know if this can be repaired by "bogging them up" using the plaster repair technique where you get some ply and insert a screw then glue in place under the opening and apply bog over it then sand and paint, or if it would be a write off. 

I currently have a sheet of pvc over it to stop dirt and stuff getting into the holes, but in blowy conditions I just give up what I'm doing as it is so annoying.

Any ideas?

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Blow Mould Table Hail Damage Repair

Sorry to hear about the hail damage @dingodudette. Was it an expensive table? I think repairing it might not be worth the hassle and expense. 

Here's an example of a replacement - https://www.bunnings.com.au/lifetime-6ft-standard-blow-mould-trestle-table_p3192212

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I was thinking if you can stand the pvc fix it down and put the savings into a nice bottle of something.
dingodudette
Cultivating a Following

Thanks guys. I'll put the savings towards a new table AND a nice bottle of something (maybe a clean skin bottle of sealant?)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects