Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best tools for outdoor Pegola!

DIYnewby
Just Starting Out

Best tools for outdoor Pegola!

Hi all,

I'm building a Pegola in my new backyard. Keen to know what the best powertools would be?

Cheers,

DIYnewby

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Best tools for outdoor Pegola!

Hi @DIYnewby,

Welcome to Workshop. You've certainly come to the right place for advice on your project. I'm sure our community members will be more than happy to help you on your way. 

I would recommend you start with the excellent How to Build a Pergola series of D.I.Y. articles and videos on the Bunnings website featuring @JasonD. Part 2 and 3 include lists of tools and materials. 

I'll attach the first video in the series below.

What tools do you have at present? And have you got any plans or a photo of the area that you could share. It will help members see what you are working with.

Thanks for joining in the discussion.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@DIYnewby

Do you mean what brand of powertools should you buy, or what tools do you need for the job?

There's been a few discussions on Workshop about brands that people recommend, like this one - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/Choose-the-right-cordless-drill/m-p/19027

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adam_W - you might like to briefly share what tools you would expect to use for a job like this?

Thanks,

Jason

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@JasonSorry to rain on your outdoor Pergola party
But there is a difference to Planning & Building
That video deals with building ( yet says planning?) most don't even make it past the Design->planning->Costing and then approvals stages
It would be best to address Design first my2c .hth

@Jasona good quality 9&1/4 power saw or drop-saw is a must. Decent set of cordelss drills and if using a lot of hardwood possibly a corded drill too. And not a power tool but I'd be totally lost without my one-handed bar-clamps.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you made any progress yet @DIYnewby? Hope the suggestions from members proved helpful for getting started. 

Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects