Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard patio makeover

Chiren_J
Building a Reputation

Backyard patio makeover

Was wanting to renovate my backyard patio since the time I bought the house early last year as the outdoor space was looking too tired and letting down the overall look and feel of the property.

Got some time this winter with my parental leave and Covid lockdowns. 

Quite happy with the end results as I was able to achieve the look i was after and this being my first outdoor DIY project.

Our outdoor space is a lot more inviting now!

Wanted to post this here as majority if not all of the tools and hardware used for the project were from Bunnings :smile:

I've also captured a timelapse video of the whole progress - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bad2enWUi6Y

Though not very informative, as I did not want to keep the video too long, Could be useful to get an idea for anyone wanting to work on a similar project.

At a highlevel, here were the jobs completed:

1. Build 2 treated pine decks . 4300 * 4100mm and 4200 * 4200mm

2. Built a Daybed 2400*800*450mm

3. Built a Planter Box 3600*600*800mm

4. Pressure washed the stencilled concrete patio and sealed it using Crommelin stained sealer

5. Spray painted the fence using Dulux rapid finish fence paint

6. Built a wall feature using garden screen and LED strip

Do share your feedback on what I could have done better.

Happy to share links of all products I used if anyone needs them

IMG-4386.jpgIMG-3105.jpgIMG-4390.jpgIMG-3101.jpgIMG-4394.jpgIMG-3100.jpg

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Re: Backyard patio makeover

Looking good and I like those colours. 👍

Congrats on a job well done. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Chiren_J. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a first project to share! That's an amazing transformation and I think you have pulled all those elements together beautifully.

There is no feedback I could give on what you could have done better. Once those palms grow and screen the neighbour's windows everything will be perfect.

With such a fantastic first project contributed to the site, we can't wait to see what you have planned next.

Great job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic work @Chiren_J. I'm sure you will be enjoying the space with friends and family for many years to come. I'm also confident that your great work will inspire many other people, so I've immediately featured the project on our gallery. Thanks so much for sharing. 

It's brilliant to have you join the community and I trust you will also get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration for further projects around the home and garden from our amazing members. Welcome aboard.   

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Bunnings Workshop for you.

Jason

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Incredible transformation ! 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
renonewbie
Cultivating a Following

That looks amazing. Wow well done. I was wondering where the lights on the deck were from and if they're solar and also the inviting fire pit? Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @renonewbie. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @Chiren_J as I trust they'll appreciate your feedback and so they can hopefully answer your questions.

Do you have your own decking project in the works or were you looking to refresh an existing area?

We look forward to hearing about your projects around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance with them or would like to share. I trust you'll find loads of other inspirational projects just like this one within our community as our amazing members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

renonewbie
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell, thanks ! Yes I've got a few projects I'm starting to plan - have just posted my laundry one and another one to come ! Community looks amazing. So glad I've found it, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the options and things to consider with all renos !! 

Chiren_J
Building a Reputation

Thanks Mitchell, 

True, got those banglow palms hoping that they will grow fast and screen the neighbors windows. 

Also plan to use fit outdoor Roller blinds to the pargola for additional privacy.

Chiren_J
Building a Reputation

Hi @renonewbie ,

The deck LED lights were holman's deck lights. They are DIY friendly and pretty easy to install. Here is the link to the actual ones I used. Holman also have a video with the instructions on how to install which is useful.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-30mm-warm-white-deck-light-6-pack_p0011666

You will need to also install the holman controller / transformer to draw power to the led lights and supports upto 60watts. Each of these LEDS only require around 0.6 watts, so you can connect plenty of lights. I've infact also installed holman's spot lights to highlight the palms and trees. 

One other recommendation If you decide to go for these lights is to go for the Bluetooth enabled controller, I control switching on the lights and dimming them from my phone.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects