Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Automatic chicken coop door opener

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Automatic chicken coop door opener

@dani2526,

Just wanted to let you know that Daryl contacted me last night. He wanted me to pass on his apologies that he is currently unable to assist due to changed personal circumstances. 

Please let us know how you are going with the project and I can ask other Workshop community members for any assistance you might need. 

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Baretta11
Super Contributor

@darylhewston,

We no longer have chooks as we have an egg farm only a few kms up the road but due to a late return on our farm one night we found 60 chooks, roosters and chickens all dead. Always vowed if we ever got chooks again, I'd make sure we had an auto door so the chooks were safely inside and the door shut by dusk.

Well done with your contraption, hope you don't mind me calling it that, looks very professional!!

Cheers,

Barbara

dani2526
Junior Contributor

Thank you for letting me know. I’ll put up

a post requesting help from the group instead. Thanks! 

jeremy108
New Contributor

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any wholesalers to get these parts? I'm in Melbourne but happy to order and get it delivered as well. 

Thanks

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @jeremy108. Great to have you as part of the Workshop community. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Are you also building an automatic door opener for a chicken coop?

I'm sure members will be happy to help make some recommendations for you about electrical suppliers. Let me tag a few members who might be able to assist, including @Electron@BobTaylor@r23on and @Brad

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
jeremy108
New Contributor

Thanks a lot Jason!

Yeah, I just started with three chickens in Camberwell, Melbourne. I'm an amateur workshopper though so I'll have to see how I go. Most of the other ones out there are like $300 and are vertical, whereas I need mine to be horizontal. Don't suppose there's anyone in Melb who'd be keen to help out? I'd be fine with paying for the specific assistance as well!
Kermit
Valued Contributor

If you can't find what you need at Bunnings, I'd try Middys and/or Jaycar.

Highlighted
Brad
Valued Contributor

I never knew Middy's have a couple of stores in Adelaide.

The share holder self interest in me would say Cabac but it seems to not have it all listed on the web from my quick look.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects