Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any suggestions on how to hang a basketball backboard?

tmbuckle31
Finding My Feet

Any suggestions on how to hang a basketball backboard?

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on how I could possibly hang a basketball backboard/ring on the end of my car port.

Unfortunately I'm terrible with most tools, but still wanted to attempt to hang the backboard/ring so my brother and I can still shoot around.

Any suggestions are welcome, please let me know, as well as any neccessary tools that would be needed.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Any suggestions on how to hang a basketball backboard?

Welcome to Workshop @tmbuckle31. Great to have you join the community. I hope you find plenty of useful information and inspiration from our members.

Could you please tell us what you are hoping to attach the backboard and ring to? Is it brickwork for example? That will help the community provide suggestions for the gear you need. 

Thanks again for joining us. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

To be exact the material that it will be getting attached to is a wooden car port roof.
Some more important information is that the backboard itself is made of a plastic material, so if there's a way to hang/ hold the backboard without much damage/work, it would be appreciated.

Love a good shoot around @tmbuckle31 although I go to my local park for some AND1 action.

Could you upload a pic of the carpot as well as the back of the backboard?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects