Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Anti-spill pet bowl

amylee83
Getting Established

Anti-spill pet bowl

Who else has a problem with their 4 legged friend playing with their bowl outside?? Our darling Mia thinks it's great fun to tip her water and food bowls over. Me, not so much. The ants from her biscuits drive me insane! My husband and I came up with this and so far so good with her water bowl 🤞, so I decided to do a biscuit bowl as well 😉. I used silicon to stick the pot to the base, you could also fill the pot with stones to make it heavier again. I just coated the inside of the base with silicon so I can fill with water to stop ants crawling into the food bowl. I just took the bowl with me to our local Bunnings to make sure I got the right size pot and got a saucer a bit bigger than the base. You could even get creative & paint it nice colours to match your decor or add your pets name. 20190216_091602.jpg

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: Anti-spill pet bowl

That was the worst one from last august (theres been ones since) 

We are on a peninsula surrounded by water here so theres no escape once the road gets blocked unfortunatly (unless you have a boat) They gave the evacuation order - and the road had already been shut for about 8 hours.

My house is not far away from that blackened area in the photo below (my street runs off the "frontline" street and Im pretty close within a couple hundred metres of the blackened area in the photo below) - the fire fighters photo - thats the same piece of fire in my other photo from my backyard but mines taken from the other side of them)

Was pretty scary (getting "take cover now!!! dont try to leave!!" kinda constant sms on phone etc....embers were coming down like hail with downdrafts from the fire at one stage) Some people couldnt get home for days in previous fires which is why i stayed and fought evacuated the wife/kids first though - well they went down the waterfront with the hundreds of others trapped. The road was shut for days as well this time pretty much (opened very occasionally maybe a couple times a day for 30mins and you had to be johnny on the spot which is why i try and keep a big dog bowl around just incase i cant get home on the next big fire) https://youtu.be/q8BtXsHiEQo  39910955_2262096357346768_4001557472757153792_n.jpg20180818 firebrigades.jpg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Anti-spill pet bowl

Man.. that is scary stuff!!..It sounds like you need to buy a boat!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects