Workshop
Ask a question

What's your favourite cut of meat to BBQ?

MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

What's your favourite cut of meat to BBQ?

bc.jpg

For all the BBQers - what do you like to grill or smoke?

What's your favourite cut?

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: What's your favourite cut of meat to BBQ?

For special occasions I love doing a beef eye fillet cooked long and slow. So tender and delicious!

aly
Making a Splash

Whenever we find time to go trout fishing we typically smoke it on the BBQ - comes up a treat!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I find it hard to go past a good butterflied leg of lamb. I just cover it in olive oil, sea salt and fresh rosemary. 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Slow - lamb shanks.
Grill - lamb chops well done.
darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

It's hard to go past a webber 'beer can chook' but on those rare occasions we get 2" thick rib eye and cook it blue.  So tender you can cut it with a butter knife.  And soooooo good.

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've been struggling to answer this one as I have so many different cuts I love to throw on the barbecue! 

If I have to choose I think I'm going to go with lamb cutlets - they are so delicious, quick and easy on the barbie. 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Brad & @Jason, I totally agree on the lamb chops/cutlets, the aroma is divine, & that stupendous fat is to die for. Life's too short to be bothering with the Cholesterol scare mongers, if something brings a smile, then it's good for you.

Butter & season it when it's cooking, for the ultimate culinary sin.

Kellie
Making a Splash

I love cooking marinated chicken thighs on the BBQ. I can never understand why people cook chicken breast meat on the BBQ - it dries out too quickly and gets stringy.

I have shared it before, but here's one of our favourites - ginger and lemongrass grilled chicken.

1tbs grated ginger
2 stalks lemongrass
2tbs coriander
1tbs oil
Sea salt
Black pepper

6-8 chicken thighs
2 Lebanese cucumber
1.5 cups coriander leaves
1.5 cups mint leaves
Kecap Manis
Lime cheeks

Combine ginger, lemongrass, coriander, oil, salt and paper. Spread mixture over chicken and marinade for 10 mins. Heat barbecue over high heat and cook chicken for 2-3 mins each side or until just cooked through.

Thinly Slice cucumber long lengthways and combine with mint and coriander.

Drizzle kecap manis over chicken to serve.

:cheeky:

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

My favourite would be roast pork shoulder, nothing better than pork crackle done in the BBQ. So delicious! And quite easy to cook, you just have to check on it every now and then. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects