Workshop
Ask a question

The She Shed

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

The She Shed

I am probably extremely late to this party, however I came across this article, whilst browsing through Facebook and it caught my eye. 

I think that these are a great idea and everyone needs a "go to" place for a bit of rest and relaxation or just some "me" time. 

Would be interested to see if any ladies out there have jumped on the "She Shed" trend or would like to? What would you put in it if you did have one? 

I think I would like a small attic style room will walls filled with shelves of books from top to bottom. There would also have to be cushions and blankets all around. 

bookshelves.jpg

I know @Tracey is a supporter of the 'She Shed'. Do you have one Tracey?

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: The She Shed

I certainly like the term She Shed a lot better than an alternative I have heard - the Lady Cave. 

I'd love this one for afternoon reading/naps.

landscape-1433263766-glass-covered-home-wcth01-640x431.jpg

Kellie
Making a Splash

I have a friend who is really into crafts, but her house is reasonably small. She has renovated a vintage caravan parked on her driveway and now uses that as her "she shed". It's actually really fun to go around and sit in it, drinking tea and doing craft together. 

I agree @Isobel "Lady Cave" definitley does not have the same ring to it. I much prefer She Shed as well. 

@Kellie, that sounds amazing! Do you have any pics? I would love a vintage caravan! 

I don't have a photo but it looks like this one. I'd call it "daggy chic". 

caravan.JPG

I've heard that the smaller rounded 50s caravans are becoming quite sort-after - you might be able to make money by renovating one.

This one is very cool - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/thank-heavens-for-betsy-20120210-1smh1.html

These look fantastic. Actually got me researching now.

I love the look of the teardrop caravan. Very cool. You've now got me inspired!

16ba9de5da12f02321b2c8421228e3cc.jpg

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Something like this would be great. 

We can't have only the boys getting the fun toys.

workshop.jpg

Elaine
Getting Established

Renoqueen you are a lady who I could become friends with, that would be my ideal she shed as well

Hi..Yes it is a great idea. We didn't use our caravan anymore so I made it my sewing/painting and craft area.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining the discussion @Bianka6. Have you got any photos you could share?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of great advice, information and inspiration for your projects. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects