Workshop
Ask a question

My Humble Workshop - "The Shed"

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

My Humble Workshop - "The Shed"

I am no movie producer by any means but thought it was time to share my humble work space "The Shed" in a short video tour.
With retirement in sight I started my woodworking hobby in January 2013 with a Contractor Table Saw and a few hand power tools I had accumulated over the years for home handyman work, now 5 years later (and retired) I have gradually amassed a range of machinery and tools to achieve most woodworking projects that I so desire.
I have learned a lot in a reasonably short space of time and continue to learn more each and every day but I can tell you there is no greater satisfaction or feeling than having designed and made something yourself whether for myself, a project for someone, a gift or items for sale.
As we age in years we need something to keep the mind and body active, and woodworking more than provides that for me.

Wood Working with Wayne
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: My Humble Workshop - "The Shed"

Hey @Wayne Love your workshop
Thanks for Sharing

Now what we need is an Irwin clamp storage design.

I think they multiply I found 4 more today that weren't there yesterday...
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this tour of your shed @Wayne. In conjunction with your member profile, I'm sure community members feel like they are getting to know you well. 

And a big congrats on your first video. Perhaps you could start recording your projects like @AndrewJones? I'm sure your many fans would find them informative and entertaining. 

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Videoing projects is certainly on the cards in the future.

Wood Working with Wayne
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

You may become the next David Stanton 

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Very nice comprehensive workshop set up Wayne.!
I am staggered at how much your voice sounds like mine!! It's like listening to myself.!!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Now that is a workshop wayne. I love an experienced wood workers work shop.

I am looking at buying a dust extractor for all the sawdust i create with my tools. Would you recommend one i should be looking at. For the time being I'm not going to have it fixed, so i will be moving it from one machine to another. I don't know if i want to make a home made one or go out and purchase one.

Also the CMC machine and the laser cutting, what is a good place to look for one of these
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Hi LePallet,
I wouldn't suggest getting anything lower than 2hp, you can get a Carbatec 2hp with 1200cfm for $369 at the moment.
https://www.carbatec.com.au/dust-control/dust-extractors/dust-extractor-2hp-old-code-fm-300
Probably eBay for the CNC and Laser for entry level stuff.
Wood Working with Wayne
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects