Workshop
Ask a question

How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

Kcmb
Just Starting Out

How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

Rheem.jpg

Hi

Any suggestions on how to hide a Rinnai wall mount water gas heater?

Unfortunately it is situated on the wall of the house right in front of our outdoor dinning area which is under a pagola. 

Also safety first of course...I believe they  need some sort of ventilation unlike traditional water heaters where you could build a box around it.

I'm stuck for ideas

Thanks 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

@Kcmb,

Welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join the community. I trust you will find and receive plenty of helpful information from our community members. Feel free to post anytime about your projects and plans, and please let me know if I can help you get the most from the site. 

Good luck in tackling this problem. I hope members will have some useful suggestions for you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Goldmember
Having an Impact

As you note, ventilation is really important so I imagine your options are pretty limited. Best course of action would obviously be to move the unit elsewhere. But plumbers are expensive! Second best option might be a decorative screen.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Would be great to get pics @Kcmb - will help us help you better.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

From page 28 of this installation manual - AS/NZS 5601 ‘Gas Installations’ stipulates a minimum horizontal clearance of 500 mm between a building structure and obstruction facing the terminal. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kcmb,

I hope you found the suggestions from community members helpful. Did you decide how to proceed?

Thanks,

Jason

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Kcmb

Not sure if issue was resolved but I work for Rinnai (Over 10 years) and We do have a sideway flue diverter available. Just depends on which model it is how old etc. It simply clips onto the vents located at the front of the unit and diverts to either side of the unit. This then allows you to have a screen placed infront of it.
It was designed to offer customer’s more options on locations to install our Infinities while still being efficient and safe! Hope it helps :smile:

bondie
Just Starting Out

you could use a product call Screen Up you can buy it from Bunnings very easy to use and looks great 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @bondie. I'm sure that @Kcmb and other Workshop members appreciate the tip.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We have lots of helpful and knowledgeable members happy to share advice and experiences. Please post whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share. We'd love to read about your projects and plans. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects