Workshop
Ask a question

No water from Lennox pressure cleaner

achoy
Just Starting Out

No water from Lennox pressure cleaner

I had a pressure cleaner for over a year.  Last week was the first time I assemble it and try to use it.  The power is on and water hose fitted to the equipment and the unit was producing some sound and seemed that it was ready to be used.  When I pressed the trigger no water came out!  I tried it a few times and waited for the unit to run for 20 seconds before pressing the trigger again.  Still no water!  Just wonder what could go wrong! Can someone help?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ELECTRIC PRESSURE CLEANER

Hi @achoy,

Welcome to Workshop. I hope you find our community members are the source of much helpful advice and inspiration. 

I'll kick off with the first suggestion. On my pressure cleaner's nozzle, you can twist it to change the type of stream (from jet to mist spray and eventually off altogether). Could it be simply that the nozzle needed twisting?

Also, there is a short delay on mine between hitting the trigger for the first time and water coming out. How long did you hold the trigger for?

I hope members have some other suggestions for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

@achoy

What is the pressure washer brand and model number? Will help for diagnosing the problem. 

If you can't work out what the problem is, just return it. If you bought it at Bunnings you could return it even if you don't have the receipt as long as you paid by credit card and have the credit card statement. 

Henno
Having an Impact

@achoy
Sometimes if the water pressure coming from the tap is low the pressure washer has difficulty delivering the water. Ensure the water is turned up a few turns. If this doesn't work have a crack at maybe even checking the nozzle hole with a paper clip. Sometimes straight from the factory things aren't exactly as they should be. Please don't do this whilst pressing the trigger and pointing it at your face as this could have disastrous consequences thus voiding your guarantee with your wife/partner.
Otherwise, do as MartyH says and just take it back!
achoy
Just Starting Out

I bought it online.  Its a Lenoxx.  I searched its website and cannot even find they have electrical pressure cleaner!

achoy
Just Starting Out

During the weekend I reread the instructions and as you suggested I pushed a pin to clean the nozzle.  I set up the unit to try the unit again.   I turned on the tap when it was connecting to the unit using my garden hose.  Even without turning on the unit, water came out from below the unit.  Is it supposed to be like that?  I have tightened the water suppy connecting the unit but it was still leaking.  Is there a way to make the water supply tight sealed-both at the joint connecting the unit and my tap connection?  Regardless I turned on the unit.  Sound came out but before I can squeeze the trigger the unit stopped.  I quickly turned it off.  It might be a feature to protect the electrical pressure cleaner.  I waited a few minutes before turning it on again.  The same thing happened.

It seems to me that I might be able to get it working if I can water seal the water supply both at the tap and the connection to the unit.  Can anyone suggest how it can be done?

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

@achoy

It's not unusual for your hose fittings to leak if you have good water pressure and your trigger is off. Best thing to do is connect everything, hold down the trigger on your pressure cleaner, then turn on the tap. You should get water flow through the nozzle, albeit not at high pressure. Keep holding down the trigger, then turn on the power to the unit. Then you should be pressure spraying.

If that doesn't work, I would be returning the unit. The fact that they don't sell the unit anymore isn't a great sign.... 

Henno
Having an Impact

@achoy
Work on getting your cash back here. Be as patient as possible. Learn your lesson and move away from unknown brands, especially ones with XX on the end.
Do some more research, find out which type of pressure cleaner you need (e.g. how many psi) for your job at hand and then fork over the cash, knowing that there is some sort of warranty involved and a bricks and mortar place involved should you wish to return the product.
I don't know how much you paid for this product, but you may just have to cop it on the chin and move quietly on, not saying too much to your friends about your dud purchase.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects