Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you use a fireplace in the bedroom?

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Would you use a fireplace in the bedroom?

It's very romantic, but just wondering how many people would ever consider installing a fireplace in the bedroom?

If you had one, would you ever use it?

bedroom.png

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Re: Would you use a fireplace in the bedroom?

Here's another one...

bedroom1.png

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Hahaha!!!

My wife HATES woodfires, so it's a huge NO. : )

I honestly don't see the appeal anyway, & the bedroom would have to be quite large (expensive) to accomodate one.

Then there's the chore of lugging in the Hepa filter vacuumed, gluten & allergy free logs, then stacking them picture perfectly for the spiders, & or cockroaches to hang out in style.

Unless the logs are genetically modified, the ash will sooner or later be a turn off, & then there's the guilt of burning a natural resource that's been fossil fuel deliverd, for the romantic prelude, to foster a moment of pleasure. ; )

Romance needn't be manufactured, it's a natural resource that all couples need to make time to discover, & enjoy.

Shane
Having an Impact

We used to have a period home that had a fireplace in the bedroom. We never used it because it was so small. But even if it was bigger I doubt we would have used it. I don't think you need heating in Australian bedrooms, just having it in the living areas is enough. 

AndreaNg
Having an Impact

They both look beautiful but I don't think I would want the dust and mess. 

A fireplace is a nice feature and adds a lot of character - not to mention warmth - to a room but I don't think I'd utilise it in the bedroom. My preference is for their placement in main living rooms purely for practicality. I do however like the look of an old inoperable fireplace in the bedroom to add style to the room.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects