Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do for wardrobe doors?

Mick0s
Having an Impact

What to do for wardrobe doors?

When we bought our house, the two kids rooms were horribly painted in horrible colours (bright blue and green in one, and blue and yellow in the other, on opposing walls.  Lesson #1 do NOT let your children choose paint colours).

Eventually we "normalised" these two rooms, one at a time, as our kids came along.  But one thing that's still on the to-do list is something about their two wardrobe doors.  These were originally both two, thin, floor to ceiling doors.  I've build some melamine shelving in both, and they're perfectly functional now, just lack the ability to hide the clutter away.

13131280_10153411899251879_8132756721976958843_o.jpg

(it doesn't look too unsightly here, but it also didn't stay this tidy for too long)

My idea was to put up a curtain rod, and just hang a curtain to cover them, but SWMBO isn't a huge fan of that idea.  So, short of finding some damn tall thin doors... what other options are out there?

Vinyl wood pattern concertina doors?  :cheeky:

Mick0s
Having an Impact

Re: What to do for wadrobe doors.

And I may have just answered by own question thanks to this thread by @Bjm

CathD
Making a Splash

Re: What to do for wadrobe doors.

Nothing better than being able to close a cupboard or wardrobe door and hide the mess! Good luck with the project. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects