Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall panelling on TV wall

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Wall panelling on TV wall

Hi all, seeking some thoughts/advice on a feature wall I'm planning.

In my FIFA Room (AKA Theatre) I'm doing panelling on the TV wall. I'm trying to decide if I do horizontal or vertical panelling...

Will horizontal compliment the width of the TV? Or will vertical look better? I have an 85inch TV and the wall is about 4m wide including a 1m doorway so the TV gets centred in roughly 3m section.

I've recently done horizontal shiplap in my entry (unfinished area so ignore the random placement of plants).

15636847399424792307775632638536.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wall panelling on TV wall

Awesome, many thanks for sharing @YNWA

Great to have you join the Workshop community. We have clever and creative members sharing helpful advice and inspirational projects on the site every day, so we're sure you'll fit right in! Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @ProjectPete,

I know you shared a Recessed TV feature wall with easyVJ panels in your living room, but I don't think we've seen an update about the feature wall in your theatre. Are you able to share your progress? This has been a really popular discussion with almost 22,000 views.

Stevie

Sharlene
Just Starting Out

Can I ask what colour that wall is painted?  About to do similar horizontal paneling in a bedroom. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Sharlene,

First, let me welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have decided to join us and get inspiration from great projects like this one. Let me tag @ProjectPete so he knows you are admiring his handy work. Pete used Dulux Domino for his entryway colour, it is a dark charcoal with a slight bluish undertone to it. I think it will look lovely as a bedroom colour.

The Workshop community would love to see your progress so please update us with your project photos. Let us know if you need any tips or tricks in assembling the paneling on the walls. 

Katie

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sharlene,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your bedroom. Please share some photos as you progress with the project, and feel free to post anytime you need a hand. We're here to help.

Jason

Sorry for my slow response @Sharlene - Dulux Domino's is correct (thanks @KatieC ).

For a darker/truer black, try Colorbond Night Sky.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects