Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ute bookshelf

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Ute bookshelf

0D9B8746-C73F-4F41-9E1C-EDF426EDB19F.jpeg

7B5C2193-E318-43EF-BE9A-0AF93488C62A.jpeg

4C9BFEA8-2CC6-46C1-89FD-A6348CEB8AB4.jpeg

This past week I’ve been working on a ‘ute’ bookshelf for my son. I used pine boards from Bunnings which I stained with black paint and water. For the door I used grey paint & water, like a wash effect with a rag. The lights are also from Bunnings, everything was from Bunnings. :smile:

Took me about a week to make :smile:

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ute bookshelf

@MelMc Thanks so much ☺️

Congrats on getting another project featured by Bunnings on their social accounts @prettyliving. You're becoming quite the rockstar! 

You mentioned that you have a few things on the list at the moment. What's next?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MonkeyLearn
Cultivating a Following

Looks brilliant, I would have loved this as a kid

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Lol! Thanks so much @Jason 😃
I’m keen to see if anyone else gives it a go! 🙌🏻 
Yep the list is endless, and seems to be growing faster than I’m ticking things off haha 😅 I’m building a dollhouse at the moment, as well as drawing up some ideas for a climbing frame that I’m planning to make for my kids. Also I still need to do skirting boards in my daughters room, a few rooms I would like to repaint/refresh etc. And I’m also wanting to make a veggie patch. There’s always a project or a few on the go over here 😅

Thank you! @MonkeyLearn  My son still LOVES it! ☺️

Looks like there will be lots of people giving it a go @prettyliving

We are looking forward to seeing the dollhouse, climbing frame and more. Have you seen this discussion? - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Kids-climbing-frame-made-from-recycled-materials/m-p/41782

Jason

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Jason Thanks, I just checked it out. Awesome 🙌🏻 

@prettyliving,

I'll add myself to the list of those giving it a go. My wife asked me yesterday if I could make it for our nephew, I then showed her your Castle and now I'm building both. 

Many thanks for the inspiration.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc Oh that’s awesome! Would love to see pics when it’s done. 😊 I love seeing how others put their own spin on it. You’re projects have been brilliant so I’m sure they’ll turn out amazing 👌🏻

Re: Bunnings Ute Bookshelf

Hi 

Where could I get photos of how this amazing project has been done please?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects