Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Semi-industrial shelving

pete_brig
Making a Splash

Semi-industrial shelving

We have a lot of unused space under the breakfast bench--the perfect place for some storage. The AWW (Edit: changed Mrs to AWW, Amazing Wonderful Wife, under advisement) is getting more adept at woodworking so was keen to do a project by herself--I stood back & only intervened with advice when I thought necessary, which turned out to be not much :smile: [She also learned the value of the adage of "measure twice, cut once" :smile: -- funnily, I forget this one on occasions :unhappy: ] So, the project was a set of shelves, mounted on castors for looks as well as function. And the AWW did a great job!

Materials:

* 2 of 1800X405X18MM panel like 1800 beech FJ panel (ripped back to 300mm to fit under the bench): $80

* 1 of 1200X300X18MM panel like 1200 beech FJ panel: $20

* 6 of 36x3/8" threaded rod: $27

* 5 of fixed & swivel transparent plastic castors: approx $26

* nuts, washers, dome nuts: $?

IMG_20180722_175727#B.jpgIMG_20181003_075546#.jpg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Semi-industrial shelving

@pete_brig What a great use of space, I hadn't really thought about utilising all that area. I think i'll attempt to build something similar as we have the same un-used void, thanks for the inspiration!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects