Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycled coffee table

Starkers_17
Having an Impact

Recycled coffee table

In its homeIn its home

I turned a couple of piles of old material into a coffee table. 

CA81C4BF-85CA-4EF3-8C49-C5D4EE5B42F9.jpeg4752D0AA-2A46-46E2-8C54-28C91E744A5E.jpegF1FD0F25-D461-447E-BD97-AA7A38E59AA5.jpeg104DE3FE-4E14-4AAF-80E1-75CF009A5135.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Recycled coffee table

Fantastic project @Starkers_17, many thanks for sharing. It looks brilliant and I'm sure your handiwork will inspire other community members. It was also great to see you share your barn door recently. It looks like you've got a lot of skills and experience to share. We look forward to seeing more of your projects on Workshop soon.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That’s looks awesome. What tools were required for this project please. Looking to find main tools needed for shed so far I have Mitre 10 saw and drill on the list.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BillieJo,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. Great to see you have been inspired by this project. Let me tag @Starkers_17 for you so he is alerted to your question about what tools he used.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We trust you will find loads of inspiration and helpful advice for your projects from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@BillieJo Thanks. Tools used were

• metal detector(always good when working with recycled timber)
  • thicknesser
  • dust extractor
  • Dewalt cold cut chop
  • mig welder
  • angle grinder
  • plunge saw with a guide
  • sander
  • drill
  • clamps
  • Festool Domino

I have collected my tools over a long period of time and all of the above are not needed to do the job but do make it easier when you have them. You definately need a welder, angle grider, saw, drill and clamps. Hope this helps.

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Starkers_17 

What an awesome project start to finish.

I love the fact you used recycled materials and turned it into a magnificent peice.

I'm saving up for a thicknesser and am so excited to give it a go.

Great idea for a metal detector. 

Love to see more of your upcoming work

Kind regards Rob 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects