Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: How many televisions do you have?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: How many televisions do you have?

tv.jfifIt's been said that having multiple televisions in the home is a "no-brainer" to ensure harmonious relationships and avoid conflict in the home.

But not everyone feels so enamoured by the presence of the idiot box. 

The latest Workshop poll asks how many televisions do you have in your home. 

Please add your (anonymous) vote via the poll on the front page of the Workshop site. Feel free to also join in the conversation by replying below.

Thanks for joining in.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mick0s
Having an Impact

Re: Poll: How many televisions do you have?

Only one "television" per se, but I guess we have no shortage of "screens".

We used to have a TV in the bedroom, but ditched that, as we didn't really see the need.
Now we just have the one in the living area, plus phones, laptops, and the odd tablet around.

Though the TV is still the main entertainment viewing place, while I'll watch YouTube on my phone or laptop, the TV is the center for free-to-air and streaming of shows.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mick0s

It would certainly be interesting to know the average number of screens in the average home today. I imagine in many households it is well over a dozen.

Jason

Mick0s
Having an Impact

@Jason  We're currently sitting on 8 then (TV, 2x tablets, 2x phones, 3x laptops)

There's 4 of us, but the kids are only 1 and (almost) 3.  So I'd expet that number to more than double if they were in their teens!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have two teenage boys in our household @Mick0s, and they can't watch television (or do most things) without having a second screen in their hands. 

Fergus
Cultivating a Following

@Jason I'm sure if you were a teenager in the 21st century then you would behave exactly the same :wink:  

I am "guilty" in saying .. 3.
1 x Lounge ... 1 x Kitchen (always on) ... 1 x Bedroom (when I am being a "night owl")
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

We have 2 TVs, but I never watch the one in the bedroom (Tania's), & I never watch live TV in the lounge, only files that I've recorded on the lounge PVR.
If there's something that I'm forced to watch live, for whatever reason, I watch it on the  computer, via an external tuner, so that I can instantly switch to the 'puter while the ads are on, then instantly switch back to the TV when they ads are done (TV audio in the background).
Tania & I have a mobile each, & while they're capable of being net connected, we've chosen not to include data in our combined mobile plan costing $30/month, most of which ($25+) is insurance protection.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

5 for 2 people and a dog, yes at times she puts the tv on for the dog.
BibbyKat
Having an Impact

Reply: Poll: How many televisions do you have? Re

Yes .. I sometimes leave the TV on for my "fur babies" if I know I am going to be late coming home.  It not only gives "sound" comfort but light as well.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects