Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Polished concrete

Darcy
Just Starting Out

Polished concrete

My partner wants to get polished concrete floors in our living areas but I am unsure. Would appreciate other people's thoughts. 

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Polished concrete

Love it. Can look fantastic in the right setting. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Darcy,

Welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of helpful information and advice from community members. 

We went with polished concrete for our backyard games room and are happy with the choice. We are finding it is lovely in both summer and winter. 

I'll add an image below of how it came up after polishing.

Is this for a new build or do you have existing concrete? We did a new build and still got cracks, which I imagine is common. All part of the charm of concrete! 

Jason

Polished.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

People do often suggest that it is cold in winter. Depending on the climate where you are based, you might want to factor in the cost of in-slab heating.  

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

You might also like to consider a concrete-look porcelain tile. They can look fantastic. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Darcy,

I should have also mentioned that you might find this previous Workshop discussion useful - Polished concrete in a family room.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Darcy
Just Starting Out

Thanks for the advice. It is a new build. I guess another factor is cost. It surprised me that its not a cheap option. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects