Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet coffee table ideas

WCE2019
Former Community Member

Pallet coffee table ideas

Hello Workshop Community,

in school i have been given a task to make 'somthing' out of two pallets they are aprox 1.25x1.25m 

i have decided to make a coffee table.

can somone help me come up with ideas for its design and how to build it?
Thanks

WCE2019

WCE2019
Former Community Member

Re: Pallet Coffee Table Ideas

will do

-wce2019-
Former Community Member

Hello Again,

This is where i'm at,

i had a few issues so i am a bit behindjust putting the table top together....just putting the table top together....

Stay focused and be patient. All great works of art requires a good amount of time.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

-wce2019-
Former Community Member

thanks @redracer01 

will do

-wce2019-
Former Community Member

I havent really been in touch....

almost done, i just have to attach the legs,

photos will b in a couple of weeks...

Hey mate, 

Keen to find out how you went. I love the progress pic. Did you decide what to do about legs ? 

I’ve made a fair few coffee tables out of pallets. On one I used galvanized plumbing fittings as legs to make it look very industrial which turned out ace. I’ll see if I can track down a photo. 

Good Luck. 

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
-wce2019-
Former Community Member

hello @DIYology,

Yep i did, i made a rectangle frame and attached them to that, diagonals and straight screws....

attached is some pic of the final project, just finished last week....

Thanks for the help.Table top, Just above the legs is a horizontal beam, that is the fame i was talking aboutTable top, Just above the legs is a horizontal beam, that is the fame i was talking aboutstorage spacestorage spacethe rectangle frame the legs are attached to, this has diagonal screws running through it into the table.the rectangle frame the legs are attached to, this has diagonal screws running through it into the table.

Thanks for the update, it looks great, good job !! 

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
-wce2019-
Former Community Member

Thanks heaps @DIYology

i just have to stain the top different colours to make the pattern stand out, then seal it all.....

Very nicely done. Looking forward to seeing it painted!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects