Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My First Restoration Project

ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

My First Restoration Project

17 and I have no experience with this stuff but I thought I’d give it a go. My bedroom is “Hamptons” beach inspired and wanted an accent chair and this caught my attention. How’d I do? BeforeBefore

AfterAfter

AnitaH25
Having an Impact

Re: My First Restoration Project

Well done, you did a great job.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @ChadBaker. Looks like you did a fantastic job. Many thanks for sharing the project with us. We look forward to seeing more of your handiwork soon.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. You'll find lots of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects from our members. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have a project to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

Thank you @Jason

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Great job. It looks like you spent sometime on it. What is your next project?

ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

It took me about 5 days. And I plan to make a new wardrobe from an old one I found in the shed, I’ll start this week sometime. 

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Hi Chad

Its great to see someone of your age taking on projects like these. Its a lot of hard work and a great deal of satifaction at the end.

This was my first rebuild/restoration I did sometime ago which had taken me 4 months to complete. 

This is what it looked like when I got itThis is what it looked like when I got itThe doors took the most about of time, all the frame work had to be cut and fitted followed by the glassThe doors took the most about of time, all the frame work had to be cut and fitted followed by the glassFinished jobFinished job

ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

You did an amazing job, maybe one day I will create something which involves that amount of skill.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Chad

If we put brick walls in front of us we will never climb over them. Skill is something we develop over time I have 50 years on you and still I am learning. The best way to learn is do it and learn from your mistakes

ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

Definitely, I always tell myself that I can only learn from mistakes and not to let them discourage me. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects