Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My First Restoration Project

ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

My First Restoration Project

17 and I have no experience with this stuff but I thought I’d give it a go. My bedroom is “Hamptons” beach inspired and wanted an accent chair and this caught my attention. How’d I do? BeforeBefore

AfterAfter

Mjay
Growing in Experience

Re: My First Restoration Project

Great job :smile: It looks awesome.
Mel
Vicki65
Cultivating a Following

Wow i am so impressed. I am teaching myself upholstery as Tafe don't offer courses anymore. The chair is great.

upcycling my table to white

Looks fantastic! I'm looking at doing a makeover on my dining table. Wanting to change from a mahogany colour to white. What paint did you use please? Did you also wax or varnish this? Thank you for your help

Shaz68
Just Starting Out

The Hampton Chair Looks fantastic! I'm looking at doing a makeover on my dining table. Wanting to change from a mahogany colour to white. What paint do you suggest to use please? Would you suggest to also wax or varnish this? & what would be best as Dining Table. Thank you for your help

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shaz68,

Welcome to Workshop. As it's been a while since this project was posted, let me tag @ChadBaker so he is alerted to your question about the chair restoration. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to you soon.

We're really pleased you have joined the community and look forward to seeing how your dining table makeover progresses. Perhaps you could hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of the table and what you have planned?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ChadBaker
Growing in Experience

@Shaz68 Hey there, well the paint I used for the chair was a glossy enamel. I think the dining table will look fabulous once completed, I look forward to seeing it! 

Wouldy
Making a Splash

Great job for your first go Chad! Keep restoring 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects