Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Master bedroom/WIR/home office (garage and spare room conversion)

TayaRoberts
Cultivating a Following

Master bedroom/WIR/home office (garage and spare room conversion)

this was a fairly large job converting the old 'dungeon' garage and 1 of the downstairs bedrooms into our master retreat including large WIR and home office. statred with profesional abatement of the asbestos cladding, non strructural wall removal and rebuilding. As you can see form the first image the garage was more like a torture chamber and my vision of my dream walk in closet and home office was hard to invision for most people haha

this (first image) is our first mapping out of the space, it also became the new entry foyer and spiral stairs but that is for another post

we converted the garage and the larger 'master' of the dowstairs bedrooms (originaly our house was typical QLD'er style with 3 bed 1 bath upstairs and laundry dowstairs someone then converted it to two apertments with two 3 bed apartments on each floor completely seperated with only external stairs)

so in order to reclaim as one family home we had to bring in internal stairs to connect the floors

our style is insudtrial scandi for most part but wanted somthing richer and cosier wood colour wise for the bedroom so went with the dark choclate tones, leaving the concrete footings and beams esposed only inhanced this style. brick wallpaper from holland and i also made our bed from scratch from reclaimed timber and black metal square pipes

other furntiure from ikea, WIR fitout ikea ns styling kmart

i can tseem to find the 'finish' image of our home office sadly

IMG_5528.JPG

00F488AA-1D7D-4A16-9AA6-C8BDBBCA7112.JPGIMG_1338.JPGIMG_5511.JPGIMG_1323.JPGIMG_5514.JPGIMG_1328.JPGIMG_1329.JPGIMG_5512.JPGIMG_1330.JPGIMG_1327.JPG

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Master bedroom/WIR/home office (garage and spare room conversion)

Be great if you could get that finished shot of the home office @TayaRoberts. It would be great to see it.  

TayaRoberts
Cultivating a Following

Re: Master bedroom/WIR/home office (garage and spare room conversion)

we have been using it for aabout a year and a half now so it would need a big clean up to photo worthy haha but i will ask hubby he may have some

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects