Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Making a coffee table

Monika
Just Starting Out

Making a coffee table

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how or where I could learn to make a basic coffee table from scratch? any tips would be great :smile:

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Making a coffee table

@Monika
Try Finewoodworking they produce a great magazine, Unfortunately their forum is pretty much defunct AFAIK

You should be able to track down back issues in libraries, which have turned into museums

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Monika,

Welcome to Workshop. You've come to the right place. I'm sure there will be plenty of community members who can inspire you and/or give you a hand with this project and many others to come. 

For starters, you might like to check out some of the coffee tables that other Workshop members have built and shared with us. Here are some examples:

There are also instructions for building your own slatted coffee table on the Bunnings website. I have included a picture and the video below.

Hope this helps get you started. 

Jason

D.I.Y. Slatted Coffee TableD.I.Y. Slatted Coffee Table

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Gaz
Growing in Experience

@MonikaMonika What sort /Style of coffee table are you out to make do you have any ideas 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Gaz Unless you "@Monika" She won't see/hear your reply. Just FYI

I'm keen to give some ideas aswell! 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Hi Try this site it is as basic as it gets. But I would get a table top from bunnings instead of the planks for the top

https://www.mycarpentry.com/coffee-table-plans.html

However the masurment are in imperial to convet to metric:

e.g. 51/2,  1/2 = .5,   5 X 25.4 +.5 =129.5mm

Hope this helps

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects