Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low line tv unit / coffee table

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Low line tv unit / coffee table

7717E1E3-F809-43CC-9BC2-C2992F42318C.jpeg

D681D8EE-FACC-47B9-86D8-271B3CEEEAAD.jpeg

AE6B4354-1DA5-4557-93D4-86C56B98CA09.jpeg

A67C6C36-2996-49D6-99D5-EEBF8858022C.jpeg

EBFBD0EF-C7E8-44CE-9972-1C9D2812550C.jpeg

200BF91E-3F1E-41C7-AC46-85C65A3FB126.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: low line tv unit / coffee table

This is so nice!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you @redracer01 I appreciate your feedback 👍🏻

rookieDIY
Finding My Feet

Re: Low line tv unit / coffee table

Love this!

What tools were needed for the make of it?

Hey @rookieDIY thanks for your feedback I appreciate that. For this build I used my Pallet lever to pull the pallets apart. A hammer to de-nail and a jimmy bar also to de-nail. (The extra leverage helps for the stubborn nails).

I used my drop saw to cut everything to length and then 2 drills, 1 to pilot drill and my impact driver set to a low setting (if you have the option, depends on the drill) to avoid splitting out the pine as I was screwing close to the ends of the timber.

hope that helps 

Hi @rookieDIY,

Thanks for joining in the discussion and great to see you get such a prompt reply from Marty. Welcome to the community!

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share. We have loads of members who are happy to share their experience and knowledge. And please let me know if you ever have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kellie1975
Just Starting Out

Are there instructions on this? Love it! Very rustic!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @kellie1975. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question!

I trust you'll find plenty of inspirational projects just like this one contributed by our very talented community members. Let me mention @Yorky88 to see if he might be able to give us some more instruction on how he went about building the unit.

Mitchell

Hello @kellie1975 

With @Yorky88 permission and approval I've drawn you up a basic plan of his amazing low line tv unit/coffee table. I'm sure he will have some suggestions on the build. The thing to remember is that the measurements are not absolute. It all depends on the pallets that you get and the thickness of the pallet boards you will be getting from said pallet. It is a basic guide and with pallets I guarantee that there will be a great deal of adjustments needed. I suggest gathering the pallets first and see what you have to work with. Once you have the necessary parts you can then layout the parts to assemble the table and as I've said adjust where you need to. I hope this gives you a better idea of how to assemble the table. Good luck on your DIY and be safe! 

Cheers

Red

kellies table.jpgkellies table1.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brilliant work @redracer01,

I'm sure your fantastic plans will help many community members replicate this popular project. 

Many thanks for sharing,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects